[Spice_discussion] SPICE libraries for g77

Gregory Fruth Gregory.Fruth at aero.org
Mon Nov 10 13:38:40 PST 2008

I use C-SPICE and have recompiled that library with success on a number of different
platforms not supported by NAIF, despite the (in my opinion, unnecessarily dire) warning
on slide 3 of ftp://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolkit_docs/Tutorials/pdf/individual_docs/11_installing_toolkit.pdf
YMMV.

I would not expect recompiling the Fortran SPICE to be very difficult, especially since it
is already supported by g77 on MacOSX/PPC.  You might want to copy the compiler settings
from the MacOSX/PPC/g77 configuration to the MacOSX/x86/ifort source code package.

If you need to cross-reference compiler options between g77 and ifort, the ifort documentation
can be found at http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/346462.htm.  I've used
ifort on Linux and Windows and it is a really nice compiler.  It should generate faster code
than g77 or gfortran.

--
Gregory Fruth (gregory.fruth at aero.org)
Flight Mechanics Department