[Spice_discussion] Error loading event kernel

Joe Knapp jmknapp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:16:51 PDT 2005

Trying to use the event kernels for the first time, I'm having trouble
system. I get the folllowing error:
 Subscript out of range on file line 1509, procedure dasfm.
Attempt to access the 707406378-th element of variable prev.
Abort
 I get the same message regardless of which e-kernel I try. Same thing
happens on a Windows platform.
 I stripped down the code to the bare minimum:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <cspice/SpiceUsr.h>
#define KROOT "/home/httpd/html/cassini/kernels"

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <cspice/SpiceUsr.h>
#define KROOT "/home/httpd/html/cassini/kernels"

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
erract_c("SET",80,"REPORT") ;
furnsh_c(KROOT"/lsk/naif0008.tls") ;
furnsh_c(KROOT"/sclk/cas00093.tsc") ;
furnsh_c(KROOT"/ek/10A.bdb") ;

}

The leapsecond & sclk kernels load OK, but the event kernels (from the
Cassini NAIF files) fail every time with the above error.

Any help appreciated!

Joe