[Spice_discussion] CSPICE as a DLL??

Ed Wright ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 21 09:46:11 PDT 2005

To: Andrew Wnuk
From: Ed Wright

On Sep 20, 2005, at 9:32 AM, Wnuk, Andy, CTR, OSD-ATL NSSO wrote:

> Has anyone had any success in compiling CSPICE as a DLL for use with
> Visual Basic, etc??

Both the IDL interface and MATLAB prototype interface compile to DLLs.
I have no experience with Visual Basic or it's interface requirements.

A CSPICE DLL would require nothing more than a .def file listing the
CSPICE symbols to export plus the appropriate compiler flags.

Please examine the Icy MS build script for further details.

As always,
Ed Wright
ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
1-818-354-0371

--
DISCLAIMER: JPL requires notice in all electronic communication that
any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any

Disclaimers are without standing on traffic from this domain.

I do not accept responsibility for unexpected collisions between NASA
vehicles and Alien cruisers, any resulting interplanetary war, or a
grumpy Kilrathi. I take full credit if we take out a Covenant
capital ship, frying the Elites and Brutes.