[Spice_discussion] problem including header file

Ed Wright ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 8 13:19:49 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:02 PM, Ahmad Wilson wrote:

> Hey,
>   My name is Ahmad Wilson and I am an intern at NASA JPL for the 2005
> Summer. I have been assigned to a project within the DAWN Project that
> requires me to use SPICE as a part of the programming that I will be
> doing. Recently, I encountered a problem while trying to include the
> "SpiceUsr.h" header file in my Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Project
> Environment. When I compile the project, it says that the header
> file(mentioned above) can not be found. However, not only have I
> loaded the header file into my project but I have also placed a copy
> of the cspice folder in the Micorsoft Visual folder as well as my
> project subfolder. I am kind of out of ideas about what to do to fix
> the problem so I am hoping that maybe one of you guys can help me
> figure out what I need to do to beable to successfully include the
> "SpiceUsr.h" header file. I look forward to hearing from anyone who
> may have some ideas. Thanks.

Does you project list the current directory and or the cspice/include
directory in the include search path?

As always,
Ed Wright
ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
1-818-354-0371

--
DISCLAIMER: JPL requires notice in all electronic communication that
any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any

Disclaimers are without standing on traffic from this domain.

I do not accept responsibility for unexpected collisions between NASA
vehicles and Alien cruisers, any resulting interplanetary war, or a
grumpy Kilrathi.