[Spice_discussion] Re: Problems with the SPICE Kernels.

Absoft Technical Support supp_scc at absoft.com
Mon Jun 13 10:47:19 PDT 2005

Hi Sam,
In previous releases of Absoft Pro Fortran the -N114 compiler option was
used for the following purpose:

If the IMPLICIT NONE statement appears in a program unit, the compiler
will issue an error diagnostic whenever it encounters an undeclared
variable. If you specify the –N114 option, the compiler will issue a
warning diagnostic.

This compiler option is no longer supported in Pro Fortran 9.2 and has
since been removed from the manual.

We had a few user requests to add a compiler option which will fold all
implicitly declared REAL variables to quadruple precision.  The -N113
option folds all implicitly declared REAL variables to double precision,
so -N114 seemed a reasonable choice to fold to quad. In version 9.2 we
added a -N114 option (undocumented and not fully supported) to fold to
quad precision, not realizing or remembering that -N114 had been used in
the past for something completely different and that this would cause
problems for users with existing makefiles that use -N114.

I suspect that many of these problems are due to the fact that -N114 is
being used.  You should not have any reason to use this option, so
please remove it and see if any errors remain.

The "Contact technical support at support at absoft.com ppcbe failed"
errors are internal compiler errors and I'm afraid I will need to be
able to reproduce them in order to be able to provide any useful
information.  If these errors remain after -N114 has been removed I will
need to look into this further.  Is there a way I can download the SPICE
source code?  If not, is there any way you can send me just some of the
problem files from the package?

Very sorry about the confusion.  Please let me know if you need any
clarifications or if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks a lot and good luck.

Scott Campbell
Absoft Technical Support
support at absoft.com