[Spice_discussion] 64bit Linux

Pär-Ola Nilsson peje at irf.se
Thu Nov 17 04:50:33 PST 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to compile the cspice library on a 64bit Debian Linux system.
compiling the library and executables works flawless but running does not.
Trying:
commnt -r VEX/kernels/ck/ATPV_P______051109_00001.BC
I get:

Toolkit version: N0058

SPICE(BUG)

This version of SPICELIB was originally packaged by NAIF for PC hardware
using
LINUX with the GCC compiler. This environment has a binary file format of
LTL-IEEE; however the software is running on an environment that has a
binary
file format of UNKNOWN. This is a severe problem and may be because the
software package was intended for use on a different computer system. It
also
may be the result of an improper port; please contact NAIF.

A traceback follows.  The name of the highest level module is first.
COMMNT --> CLCOMMNT --> DAFOPR --> ZZDDHOPN --> ZZPLTCHK

Is there an easy way to fix this or do I have to wait for the next release?

Regards
Pär-Ola

--
Pär-Ola Nilsson