[Spice_discussion] clock type 0 error

Aimee Mostella amostella at swri.edu
Thu Jun 2 07:15:56 PDT 2005

Hi,

I recently started using SPICE with IDL.  When trying to convert a
string of UTC format time to ticks with the following line:

cspice_sctiks, -226, '0:15:0', tictol

I get the following message:

CSPICE_SCTIKS: SPICE(NOTSUPPORTED): [scticks_c->SCTIKS] Clock type 0 is
not supported.

I'm supposing this means that SPICE time conversion routines will not
work with data from -226, Rosetta, because it does not recognize or
cannot communicate with the clock in use on the spacecraft.  If this is
so, are there routines to convert time which do not require LSK or SCLK
kernels which will still take into effect leap seconds?  Or, is there
some repository or database or website I may go to determine the number
of leapseconds to add/subtract for the time period of interest?

Thank you,

Aimee Mostella

Aimee Mostella
Research Analyst