[Spice_discussion] Planetary Masses

Nicole Rappaport Nicole.J.Rappaport at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 30 13:00:47 PST 2003

Dear Friends:

This is my first time using spice_discussion and I am not sure I am
doing the right thing.  Chuck, could you either confirm that I did it
right or, otherwise,  tell me how to do it right?

We need a PCK file of planetary masses that are consistent with the
latest planetary ephemerides (de405).  Once upon a time, I tried to make
such a PCK file and then realized that there were a lot of information I
did not have.  The NAIF people are the best to generate this PCK file.

One example of instance in which we need this PCK file is for PREDICTS,
but there are many other instances.

I would appreciate comments.

Regards,
Nicole