[Spice_announce] Possible problem with Icy 1.2 in the N60 SPICE distribution

Ed Wright ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 13 11:20:19 PST 2006

To: Icy Users
From: Ed Wright, JPL NAIF Team

I identified a problem with the Icy 1.2 package N59 and N60
distributions. Use of the .full_reset_session executive command causes
a segmentation error on the OS X, Linux, and Windows platforms.

I now know the cause of this problem and can offer a solution. Edit the
icy.dlm text files contained in icy/lib and icy/src/icy (icy\lib and
icy\src\icy) in the following manner:

Locate the consecutive description lines:

PROCEDURE   CSPICE_RECSPH     0 15
PROCEDURE   CSPICE_REMOVD     0 15

Add a new entry for CSPICE_REMOVC:

PROCEDURE   CSPICE_RECSPH     0 15
PROCEDURE   CSPICE_REMOVC     0 15
PROCEDURE   CSPICE_REMOVD     0 15

No recompile is needed so long as you edit the file in the lib
directory.

I regret any problems this issue may have caused.

As always,
Ed Wright
ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
1-818-354-0371

--
DISCLAIMER: JPL requires notice in all electronic communication that
any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any

Disclaimers are without standing on traffic from this domain.

I do not accept responsibility for unexpected collisions between NASA
vehicles and Alien cruisers, any resulting interplanetary war, or a
grumpy Kilrathi. I take full credit if we take out a Covenant
capital ship, frying the Elites and Brutes.