[Spice_discussion] Inquiry Regarding DiFX Software Parameters

深空探测 wude7826580 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 18:52:29 PDT 2023

Hello to all,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working with DiFX, an
astronomy software, to process satellite-related data. While going through
the control file, I noticed that it requires specifications for three
files: naifFile, ephemObject, and ephemFile.

In the documentation provided at
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/vex2difx__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!IDFtMQlAcXkRUih2XwImnaKIl5iuNHmy8X0ZY1FzbJyQtcwWSXjuC5JkYbgcRjULTZlPLamIlFkwkdkYkErhoVuGql50VkVLlvI$ , I came
across the following information:

- naifFile:  Path to a leap second kernel file for SPICE. This parameter is
only used with near-field correlations.
- ephemObject:  Name of the object from the ephemFile to be associated with
this source. This parameter is only used for near-field correlations.
- ephemFile:  Path to a planetary ephemeris file for SPICE. This parameter
is only used with near-field correlations. bsp or tle files are allowed.

However, I am uncertain about the specific data formats required for
naifFile and ephemFile. Additionally, I am unsure where to obtain the
naifFile (leap second kernel file). Could you kindly provide guidance on
these matters? Any information or resources you can share would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

De Wu