[Spice_discussion] Spice C++ wrapper

Sylvain Guillet sylvain.guillet at live.com
Mon Jan 30 05:58:59 PST 2023

Hello,
I would like to share with you a personal project that I developed as part of the open space maker federation (It is an association that supports peoples in the development of open-source projects in aerospace).
This project was initiated to make life easier for members who don't master cspice or need an object-oriented approach, it can be seen as an extension and a C++ wrapper of cspice toolkit.
Project features :

  *   Allow object-oriented development and provide high level objects :
     *   Mathematical entities (Matrix, Quaternion, Vector, ...)
     *   DateTime (UTC,TDB), TimeSpan, Time window
     *   Celestial body and their properties
     *   Spacecraft, instruments, impulsive maneuvers (combined maneuvers, apsidal alignment,...)
     *   Coordinate system (RA-Dec, Horizontal, latitudinal,...)
     *   Orbital parameters (Conic, Equinoctial, StateVector, TLE, ...)
     *   Integrator (Velocity verlet)
     *   Surface site and launch site
     *   Constraints (occultation, field of view, ...)
     *   ...
  *   Abstract kernels and frames files management
  *   Provide spacecraft integrator and impulsive maneuvers management :
     *   Delta V
     *   Fuel balance
     *   Orientation
     *   Burn duration
     *   Maneuver window
You can access source code and binaries here : https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://github.com/IO-Aerospace-software-engineering/SDK__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!bpfFo3JgA1-BywtvKsnL_-ZtbtZ3GAXSX09m8SGl41iSi_IFRfLJRoO_rKFY3PZSXjHaKylAbATKhg$
User documentation is here : https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://github.com/IO-Aerospace-software-engineering/SDK/wiki__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!bpfFo3JgA1-BywtvKsnL_-ZtbtZ3GAXSX09m8SGl41iSi_IFRfLJRoO_rKFY3PZSXjHaKykvFFaEBA$
You also have a technical documentation generated by doxygen which is in the docs directory at the root of the source code.
This project is open source, feel free to use it or extend it and please don't hesitate to give me feedback.
PS: The development of a .Net cross platform version is in progress to facilitate integration in information systems. It will be delivered in the next few weeks
Have a nice day everyone,

Sylvain Guillet