[Spice_discussion] Producing personal BPC

Tommaso Pino tommaso.pino at me.com
Tue Dec 7 04:35:54 PST 2021

Hello everyone,For my activity I have to use the IERS EOP (Earth Orientation Pole) data and I would like to produce a pck binary file to fastly handle the transformations between reference frames. The latest algortim used to compute the EOP data are different from the one used by NAIF to produce the earth_high_fidelity pck kernels. I have to work and update the binary kernel everytime the IERS produce a new bulletinA. I have some trouble producing my own BPC, the pck, frame, rotation required readings and relative examples are quite enough if one works with pck in text form. Any one has produced its own binary pck and could give a practical example?Thanks in advance to everyone.BestTommaso