[Spice_discussion] SPICE Version N65 and Absoft Fortran 14.x under Mac OS X

Samuel Dupree sdupree at computational-astronomer.com
Wed Jul 23 20:01:09 PDT 2014

I have version N64 of the SPICE Kernels in Fortran running on a Mac
BookPro under Mac OS X version 10.9.4 with Absoft Fortran 14.0. I notice
that Absoft Fortran is no longer supported beginning with release of
version N65 of the kernels. I do have gfortran installed on my  Mac
BookPro and can use gfortran if I need to, but would like to stay with
Absoft Fortran if I can. My question for this discussion list goes
something like this: is there any reason why I cannot take say the
gfortran source code (or the Intel Fortran source code for that matter)
for SPICE and rebuild the libraries using Absoft Fortran?

Sam Dupree.