[Spice_discussion] Re: Subsolar independent of observer

michael.aye at space.unibe.ch michael.aye at space.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 22 16:32:09 PDT 2012

I found one solution that kinda works with using subslr function:

If I set the parameter 'abcorr' of the subslr function to 'NONE' I can use any other standard solar system body as observer and will get the same answer for the subsolar point coordinates.
This method works apart from one drawback: I have to NOT choose the target body as observer, which means I can not hardcode just 'EARTH' in that lookup for the rare case I actually want the subsolar point on the Earth, but instead I need to keep a list of bodies and check if target and obs are  the same and if yes, take the next one in the list as observer.

Maybe there's a more elegant solution?

Best regards,
Michael