[Spice_discussion] dafgh_c

Ed Wright (JPL) Edward.D.Wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 20 07:47:12 PDT 2011

To: K. M. Aye
From: Ed Wright

On Jul 19, 2011, at 3:27 PM, K.-Michael Aye wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am digging through cspice_64 and found a lot of references to a
> function called
> dafgh_c that seems to get me a handle but it does not seem to exist
> anymore?
> I am asking because I am working on improving Roberto's PySPICE
> system, and the
> parsing of this non-existing function that is mentioned in
> SpiceHeaders is a
> TODO item, but I was wondering if it's still necessary.
> See also in the docs:
> http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolkit_docs/C/cspice/daffna_c.html
> that the link to the routine dafgh_c is non-existing.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

As Nat Bachman informed you, the current CSPICE distribution lacks a
dafgh_c routine; no functional need exists for the routine. I expect
NAIF will add it for N65.

You can remove the dafgh_c declaration from SpiceZpr.h to for use with
your python interface or include the dafgh_c.c file sent you by Nat
Bachman in your cspice.a build.

As always,
Ed Wright (JPL)
Edward.D.Wright at jpl.nasa.gov