[Spice_discussion] question concerning apparent velocities & light-time

Ian Avruch i.avruch at sron.nl
Wed Jan 12 11:36:27 PST 2011

Hi,
According to the documentation, for example module SPKEZR, since recently
the light-time-corrected, apparent velocity includes a factor
(1 - d(LT)/d(t_eph)).
Can anyone provide a reference for this derivation?
It doesn't match what I get starting from relativistic addition of
velocities,
although I'm sure there needs to be a dilation term like that.

Sorry if this dredges up old discussions; I wasn't able to them if so.
Thanks much,
-Ian

--
Ian Avruch  SRON/Kapteyn Institute