[Spice_discussion] search an example of rover with spice

RSAI Damien Zins Sorbiers damien.zins at rsautomation.com
Mon Jun 29 09:36:17 PDT 2009

Hi ,

I try to get position for spacecraft or rover to animate a planetarium with spice.
I have  no problem for pioneer 10 or cassini .
        I load naifxxx.tls and a xxx.bsp files.
        I use  furnsh_c and spkezr_c functions.
        The positions obtained are good.

I have problem with mars rover spirit or opportunity (mer-1 , mer-2).
    I load naifxxx.tls and a xxx.bsp and also xxx.tpc an xx.tf files.
    I use  furnsh_c and spkezr_c functions.
    The observing body is the sun.
    The target body is mer-1/2.
    The positions obtained are not good !

    have anyone an idea of this problem or an example of use to get the good position for rovers  ??

Damien ZINS
RSA Cosmos Planetarium
http://www.rsacosmos.com