[Spice_discussion] Porting SPICE Fortran program from Mac PowerPC to Mac Intel

William Thompson William.T.Thompson at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 25 08:30:07 PST 2008

Folks:

I've been running the attached SPICE Fortran program for some years now without
problem on a Mac OSX PowerPC platform.  I recently tried to port it to the Mac
Intel platform.  It seemed to compile and run okay, but when I examined the
values, I found that it gave a completely different answer from that on older
PowerPC platform.  Can anybody suggest why that should be?

The program was compiled with

ifort -C -o cksmooth -assume byterecl cksmooth.f \
	/service/stereo3/stereo/software/spice_fortran/i386/lib/support.a \
	/service/stereo3/stereo/software/spice_fortran/i386/lib/spicelib.a

The "-assume byterecl" was based on an examination of the compilation program
for the source library.  However, I also tried it with this keyword off, and it
didn't seem to make a difference.

I also tried "-real-size 32 -double-size 64", but that didn't seem to help either.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Bill Thompson

--
William Thompson