[Spice_discussion] ICY can work on IDL 6.4?

Ed Wright (JPL) Edward.D.Wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 7 09:41:55 PST 2008

To: Ryosuke Nakamura
From: Ed Wright JPL/NAIF

On Jan 5, 2008, at 5:44 AM, Ryosuke NAKAMURA wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using NAIF tools to process the data from Kaguya.
> Recently, ITT announced the release of IDL 6.4.
> The current ICY source code at
>
> http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/toolkit_IDL.html
>
> can work for this new version?
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Ryosuke NAKAMURA

The Icy package available from the NAIF server can and will function
in the IDL 6.4 environment - provided you rebuild the Icy shared
library against IDL 6.4.

To do so, you must edit the mkprodct.csh (or mkprodct.bat depending
on platform) build scripts to correct the paths values to the IDL 6.4
installation.

Example, the mkprodct.bat script for the Windows environment:

   C:\Program Files\ITT\IDL64\external
   C:\Program Files\ITT\IDL64\bin/bin.x86\idl.lib

I realize many IDL 6.4 installations for Unixes maintain use of the
"rsi" directory from earlier IDL installations instead of using the
new "itt" directory (eliminating the need to edit the build script).
Still, edit the mkprodct scripts according to your installed IDL
location.

Once you have a proper mkprodct script, execute the script to rebuild
icy.so/icy.dll.

Please contact me if you experience problems.

As always,
Ed Wright
ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
1-818-354-0371

--
DISCLAIMER: JPL requires notice in all electronic communication that
any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any

Disclaimers are without standing on traffic from this domain.