[Spice_discussion] 64bit Linux

Pär-Ola Nilsson peje at irf.se
Mon Nov 21 03:13:24 PST 2005

Pär-Ola Nilsson wrote:

> I've mucked about in the source and found out that 64bit linux uses 64
> bit longs
> the same way as the ALPHA processor.
> I tried to replace all
> # ifdef CSPICE_ALPHA_DIGITAL_UNIX
> with
> #if defined( CSPICE_ALPHA_DIGITAL_UNIX) ||defined(CSPICE_PC_LINUX64)
> and a corresponding
> #define CSPICE_PC_LINUX64
> in SpiceZpl.h
> and gained some succes.
>
> The limited tests I've done suggests it might work.
> Will do more testing later.
>
> Is there some kind of validation tests available one could try??
>
> This is just a pet project so far.
>
> Regards
> Pär-Ola

OK!
 I've done some more testing.
Calculating about 3000 MEX orbits including sun, earth phobos and deimos
positions
on both a 32bit linux machine and the 64bit version,
I've found that around 10% of the orbits contains 1-10 differing values
differing only in the
6th decimal.

That seem to me like a succesful port.

Regards