[Spice_discussion] fstspk program

Ed Wright ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 9 13:16:38 PST 2005

To: Neil Ottenstein
From: Ed Wright

On Dec 9, 2005, at 12:54 PM, Neil Ottenstein wrote:

> Is fstspk in the latest version of the Toolkit?  Has it been replaced
> by a newer program?
>
> We were using it in an older version and I see an old user’s guide
> over at
> http://www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu/~leel/spice/html/fstspk.html
>
> I do not see it listed at either
> http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/doc_FORTRAN.html
> or
> http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/doc_C.html

The fstspk program was a cookbook (example) removed from the NAIF
Toolkit after toolkit delivery N53. fstspk used low level SPK routines
to perform state evaluations. NAIF recommends use of SPKEZR to perform
state look-ups. The current cookbook program 'states' (states.pgm in
toolkit/src/cookbook) demonstrates use of SPKEZR.

As always,
Ed Wright
ed.wright at jpl.nasa.gov
1-818-354-0371

--
DISCLAIMER: JPL requires notice in all electronic communication that
any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any

Disclaimers are without standing on traffic from this domain.

I do not accept responsibility for unexpected collisions between NASA
vehicles and Alien cruisers, any resulting interplanetary war, or a
grumpy Kilrathi. I take full credit if we take out a Covenant
capital ship, frying the Elites and Brutes.