[Spice_announce] Important news related to the COVID virus

Acton, Charles H (US 392N) charles.h.acton at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 14 10:45:58 PDT 2020

All JPL staff who are able to "telework" from home are now required to do so for some TBD amount of time. The NAIF Team is fairly well prepared to do this, but there could be some impacts. Of some concern is the possibility that the NAIF server or any of two other machines critical to our work could go down, and we would be either slow or unable to re-start them. We recommend anyone contemplating downloading data or other products from the NAIF server do so "now" to the extent possible.