[Spice_discussion] spkezr question

Aimee Mostella amostella at swri.edu
Wed Jul 20 09:21:11 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm using spkezr to get the position of a spacecraft (target) in the
J2000 reference frame with the observer as the Sun.  What coordinate
system is this based upon?  Is it Heliocentric Aries Ecliptic HAEJ2000?

Ultimately, I need to get the lat and lon of the spacecraft based on
the Heliocentric of Date (HCD) coordinate system so that I can
convert to Heliocentric RTN (HGRTN).  I thought I could either get
the position of the spacecraft in HAEJ2000 and convert to HCD from
there or get the position in GEIJ2000 and convert from there.
However, when I tried the GEIJ2000 route, my calculations were more
off than they were when I did it from scratch.  I tried the algorithm
in the SPK Required Reading but still didn't get a good answer.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Aimee Mostella
Research Analyst